Improve Point-of-Care Safety, Staff Productivity and Operational Efficiency.
Commenco has worked with almost every hospital in the Kansas City area in a variety of ways since the 1950s. Our health care industry-focused solutions securely share real-time information anywhere, inside or outside the facility, for increased patient safety, staff productivity, operational efficiency and patient satisfaction. This includes wireless monitoring of patients EKG’s, respirators and med pumps, real-time access to specimen information and instant medication/dosage verification capabilities. It also entails patient-to-nurse call privacy, ensuring patient satisfaction while not risking HIPPA violations due to inadvertent communication.
More time with patients improves satisfaction
The cost of patient dissatisfaction is rising, thanks to changes in how the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) reimburse hospitals. In fact, 30% of a hospital’s Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) CMS reimbursements depends on how patients answer a few questions on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey. Part of patient satisfaction includes having solutions to decrease paperwork, remove error-prone processes and decrease administrative requirements for your team. Staff can capture and add digital photos to a patient’s electronic records with the press of a button. Information is easily retrieved with one quick scan of the Positive Patient Identification (PPID) system. Additionally, all handheld devices offer superior battery life, and are easy to disinfect without fear of damaging sensitive internal electronics. Other benefits include:
- Easy scanning of any bar code, scratched or damaged, curved, etc, verifying the right care for the right patient
- Ability to specify inbound and outbound call recipients, including group push-to-talk calls and calls to other mobile devices.
- Ergonomically designed products reduce fatigue, especially in scan-intensive applications.
- Seamlessly supports creation and maintenance of EMRs with any existing system.
- Devices are built to withstand 6 ft./1.8m drops, even on solid concrete surfaces.
- In badge mode, device screens display workers’ pictures and names when the device is not in use with virtually no power usage.
- FIPS 140-2 certification guards sensitive patient information for health care-related government regulations compliance, such as HIPAA.
All-In-One Voice- and Data-Enabled Mobile Computers
Handheld mobile computers roll desktop computers, bar code scanners, cameras, and desk phones into one. A compact, easy-to-carry device:
- Confirms positive patient identification (PPID) to access virtually any patient information at any time, from the patient’s medical record to medication and lab orders.
- Scans any bar code, scratched or damaged, curved codes, and patient wristbands, verifying the right care for the right patient.
- Captures and adds digital photos to electronic medical records to document the healing process.
- Makes and receives calls, including group push-to-talk calls and calls to other mobile devices.
Bar Code Scanners
Implement error-proof and streamlined processes in practically every area, from admitting and medication administration to specimen collection, inventory, dietary management, and discharge.
- IP43 sealing for safe wipe-down and disinfecting
- Ergonomic design reduces fatigue, especially in scan-intensive applications
- Built to withstand 6 ft./1.8m drops, even on concrete
- Captures 1D and 2D bar codes, signatures, documents such as drivers licenses and insurance cards, facial images for identification, video footage, and more
- Supports creation and maintenance of EMRs
The smallest-sized technology improves patient safety and staff productivity. A task management application distributes tailored task lists to keep staff focused on the right assignments. Bar code scanning streamlines task execution and improves accuracy, from equipment and building maintenance to inventory management and patient transport.
- IP54 sealing for constant disinfecting prevents germs from spreading
- Communicate with other staff who are carrying virtually any mobile device with the press of a button so urgent questions get instant answers
- Over 14 hours of battery life from a single charge for a full shift
- In badge mode, screens display workers’ pictures and names when the device is not in use with virtually no power usage
- Finger-style navigation eliminates the need for a stylus and supports a gloved hand
- FIPS 140-2 certification guards sensitive patient information for health care-related government regulations compliance, such as HIPAA
Call 800-292-9725 or 816-753-2166 (7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. CST, Monday—Friday) to learn more about how technology is helping hospitals meet the challenges they face today.
Prefer we contact you? Fill out the form below to request more information or a free on-campus evaluation.
Connect everyone, everywhere.
Our large selection of radios connects your employees easily and affordably.
Tools, Not Toys.
Commenco has the perfect combination of products to help increase productivity.
Network video surveillance protects your people and property, indoors and outdoors.